Friday, April 19, 2019

30A – Final Reflection



I think the most formative experience was our discussion about failure and tenacity. I strongly believe these are things an entrepreneur must be aware of and use to their advantage. Reading about the Wright Brothers, for example, put things in perspective in terms of how much time and effort actually went into developing a flying plane.
They were not successful the first or second, or even the third time. Through perseverance, learning from their failures, and hard work, they made history and completely changed the world.
Image result for entrepreneur
My most joyous experience was getting to develop a business that I am passionate about. As I have stated before I love animals, and being able to create a business that revolves around their needs was very exciting. I am proud of having developed a business to which I am passionate about.

I see myself more as an entrepreneur now than I did in the beginning of  the semester. I never imagined myself as someone who would develop a business idea from scratch, and doing so opened my mind further about what I can possibly do in the future.

My recommendation to students who will take this class in the future is to give themselves plenty of time to come up with an idea they feel good about and something that can be developed extensively. They should start every assignment early in order to get quality interviews to work from. I also recommend that to foster an entrepreneurial mindset they read about successful entrepreneurs and learn from their experience.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that an entrepreneur has to have tenacity and be able to deal with a lot of failure. The Wright Brothers definitely dealt with a lot of failure before their success. I am glad that you are passionate about your business venture. It takes that passion to be able to get through any failures.
    I agree with your advice to other students taking this class. It does require one to plan ahead and to choose their opportunity idea carefully because all assignments are based on that idea.

    ReplyDelete