Friday, April 12, 2019

26A – Celebrating Failure


1)    At the beginning of the semester I began with a resolution to keep a consistent schedule of working out and eating healthy. Everything seemed to work out for the first few months, but eventually I found myself only working out once a week or so.
This was a personal goal that I set because I thought it would help me not only physically and mentally but in all aspects of my life. I stopped being as committed as I was in the beginning due to various reasons: the stress of work, school, my social life etc.
However, looking back, I think I could have kept up the rhythm and stuck to my initial goal.
2)     What I learned from this is that I can be more organized and committed with my time. If I set a schedule and stick to it, I can keep up. If I don’t stick to a schedule or I fail to make one overall, then I may not get everything done that I want to.
3)     I looked at others in similar situations as me and I became a little upset wondering what I was doing wrong. After all, other people seemed to be working hard while also going to the gym regularly. With this I was able to self-reflect and realize a few things.
1.      I wasn’t as committed as I told myself.
2.      I was spending too much time on other things (such as hanging out with friends) that I could have used to work out.
3.      I CAN stick to a strict schedule, it’s a matter of commitment and perseverance.
4)     This class helped me to reflect on my failures through the readings that I did. Reading about the failures of those who went on to be huge successes is very motivational. It helps to learn about such people because it keeps you going. I think I am definitely more likely to take a risk now than I was a few months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment