Thursday, January 31, 2019

8A – Solving The Problem


My solution:
Image result for happy dogsThe solution I would like to provide is a small local business that provides fresh, healthy, refrigerated dog food for pet owners to buy. People will be able to walk into a store and buy fresh food right then and there. It will customize meal plans for owners based on their pet’s breed, age, weight, activity levels, etc. They can choose how often they would like to pick it up.
 We will also take into consideration people’s monetary restrictions. If someone feels the cost may be too high to feed their dog this way, we will offer options where they can feed their dog half fresh food and half kibble.
This is a matter of competitive advantage. There are existing companies that sell these types of foods. Something they cannot provide, however, are lower prices (since they must invest in shipping refrigerated food) and being local and accessible.
I think having a physical business will also be easier to market to an older generation of dog owners who are not comfortable making purchases online. It will give them a peace of mind to know they have the option of going to their local store to buy their dog’s food.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great opportunity for anyone with pets. If I had my dog here with me in Gainesville, I certainly would shop at a small, local, fresh shop for my food. Certainly Pet Smart will play as a large competitor, but many people believe that fresh food is better. Something Pet Smart doesn't really offer is personalized experiences. It would be cool to see a pet supplies store where owners/workers built relationships with their customers and their animals.

    ReplyDelete