Thursday, January 17, 2019

2A- Bug List


  1. Bus #34 takes really long breaks at the most inconvenient times. For example, I will get on the bus to get to class only for it to drive to the next stop and take a 10-15 minute break.
    1. Drivers need specified breaks to rest and the stop I take is the one right before the break happens. 
  2. The chairs at Carlton Auditorium are super uncomfortable. Sometimes it feels like the chair is pushing me inward and I can spend a whole class hour just trying to fight against it. 
    1. They wanted to make the room more organized and tidy by having retractable chairs, but this is at a cost of comfort. 
  3. Don't get me started on the desk size at TUR007. How am I supposed to comfortably take tests on such a tiny desk?
    1. This also goes back to the fact that smaller desks save space and are therefore seen as more convenient and less bulky. 
  4. Getting lunch anywhere on campus during lunch hour is a nightmare because every good place has a giant line. 
    1. There is only so many places that can serve lunch for over 60k people. There are too many students and too few places to choose from on campus. 
  5. Library West and Marston are always so full that finding a good place to study turns into an awkward chore. 
    1. Again, it goes back to UF hosting so many students and having facilities that don't easily accommodate all of us comfortably. 
  6. My iPhone 8+ doesn't have "tap to wake" function. Sometimes I want to quickly check the time but that requires clicking the side button or raising the phone. If I click the home button it sends me to the password screen so I have to hit "cancel" to see the time, adding an extra step. 
    1. I don't know why the iPhone 8 doesn't have this feature. The iPhone X and every other phone after it does. Maybe it's just another small incentive for people to buy the X instead of the 8. 
  7. The Enclave is full of people with dogs that don't pick up after them. As a dog owner who always picks up after her pet, this one is probably the worst one for me.
    1. This might be an accessibility issue because there aren't enough dog stations close to all buildings. 
  8. U 2 is in my iTunes library and plays automatically when it connects to my car's Bluetooth.
    1. Apple allowed the band to put their music in people's phones, and deleting them directly from itunes is a hassle.
  9. The Dunkin Donuts across from Heavener hall seems to always serve stale coffee, and I don't know why but I keep on buying it. 
    1. They most likely make everything in the morning so when I get afternoon coffee I'm getting coffee that was sitting there for hours. 
  10. Talking to financial aid is a chore and the line moves very slowly. Last time I tried calling them I waited 25 minutes on the line just to speak to a live person.
    1. They are probably understaffed during peak season. 
  11. USPS has virtually no over the phone customer service. Unless you got time to go in person and wait a long time in line just to be rushed by a worker trying to make the line move faster, you're out of luck. 
    1. Also understaffed, possibly overworked. 
  12.  When I'm making a line and the one next to me is moving faster. I switch to that one and the one I was in is now moving faster.
    1. They might be moving at the same time but I perceive it differently. I.e the grass is always greener on the other side. 
  13. People that don't use blinkers.
    1. They weren't taught to drive properly.  
  14. People who smoke in public places. 
    1. They weren't taught properly. 
  15. When you go to the doctor you wait like an hour to see them but if you're 5 minutes late they cancel your appointment. 
    1. Doctors work in very tight schedules. 
  16. Ads on facebook videos while using the app. 
    1. They need to make money this way. 
  17. My HP laptop has a really loud fan. It's an amazing laptop that could be perfect if it was just quieter. 
    1. It has a cooling system that wasn't engineered properly. 
  18. My car's sun visor doesn't help me when I need it because I'm too short. 
    1. The visor is just too small. 
  19. Wearing high heels is uncomfortable. 
    1. They were made to be fashionable, not comfortable. 
  20. Pub sub lines move very slow no matter when or where you go.
    1. They have high demand and only a few people working on the subs.  

It became harder to come up with new ideas after the 10th one. I had to take a break and think about every day life throughout my daily routine in order to think up the last ones. These things can be bothersome, but clearly I'm not used to thinking about them consciously on a daily basis. It is interesting to think about how many little things can be bothersome but we are just used to them as they are. 



1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your Bug List. A couple of your bugs were similar to bugs on my list. Obviously, waiting in long lines for food is something neither of us likes! You listed some bugs that I had not listed, but are things that also irritate me. I think there are some items on your Bug List, for which a smart entrepreneur could definitely find solutions.

    ReplyDelete