Friday, January 18, 2019

3A- My Entrepreneurship Story

My Story: During my last year of high school I was part of an organization called DECA where I had the opportunity to create and present a business plan to a team of judges in state competitions. My business model consisted of a tea company start up that sold all kinds of imported teas, mainly from India.
Image result for florida deca     We proposed this plan to the judges after doing extensive market research and realizing there was great demand for imported teas. The entire experience was eye opening because I never thought 
about how much time, work, and resources go into creating a company from scratch. Our final paper was 30 pages long, and we covered topics from target demographics to the distribution model. 
     This was the first time I was exposed to entrepreneurship in a deep and meaningful way, and the experience inspired me to pursue business management as a career. 


Why I enrolled in ENT3003: I enrolled in ENT3003 because it satisfied one of my degree requirements while providing an interesting opportunity to gain knowledge that will be beneficial if I decide to open my own business in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment