Thursday, February 14, 2019

11A – Idea Napkin No. 1


1) You. Who you are. What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically, regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?
               My name is Angelica and I am a fourth-year business student at UF. I am creative and I love to find ways to do things more efficiently in order to make businesses run better. I am currently working as an accounting assistant for a small firm in Boca Raton FL, and I hope to go on to do a master’s in accounting next semester. I have extensive experience with customer service after working in it for over 3 years. Starting this business would be an interesting step for me because it hasn’t really been an immediate wish to do so. I think it has been eye-opening to begin thinking about creating a business right now because it gives me a realistic expectation.
2) What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs). 
               I will offer customers (pet owners) a fresh and local food alternative to feed their dogs a better diet. It will help owners with finicky dogs and dogs with dietary restrictions more options locally buy their foods the best food possible.
3) Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?
               I am selling this idea to any dog owner looking to feed their dog better food. However, understanding that most pet owners are not looking to immediately change their dog’s food, my target market includes pet owners with dogs who are extremely finicky or have dietary concerns/restrictions. They will mostly be local to Coral Springs, FL.
4) Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will pay you money to use your product or service. 
               Pets are part of the family. The wrong food can drive some pets into malnourishment and finding good local affordable options can be a real challenge.
5) What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has? 
               Our business will offer LOCAL, FRESH, AFFORDABLE dog food. We will operate boutique style, and this is not something that exists in Coral Springs. Through advertisement and partnering with companies like Banfield Pet Hospital and PetSmart, we will be able to dig into the local market to grow our brand and stand out from competitors.

I think these elements fit together very well. I am offering my idea to a niche market of pet owners with certain needs, and through a creative approach I will be able to stand out from competitors. The idea of pets as part of the family (something I hope to emphasize in marketing) will further drive people who did not think about switching foods into thinking of doing so. Low prices and being established locally, as well as being the only place to offer such service, further puts our business at advantage.

2 comments:

  1. I think your idea napkin is well done. I agree with you, that people's pets are like a part of their family. Thus pet owners will do pretty much anything to ensure that their pet eats well and is healthy. My only suggestion to improve your idea napkin would be to include more specific demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Your plan to partner with companies like Banfield Pet Hospital and PetSmart is very good

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the next idea napkin assignment you may want to include what it is about you, personally, that will help you succeed with this business opportunity. Your demographic may also include owners of certain dog breeds that may be more prone to health issues, and would therefore warrant healthier dog food. Otherwise, I think your idea napkin is well done and effectively communicates what your business opportunity is.

    ReplyDelete